Training & Workshops
SignUpNow is currently in the process of scheduling new community workshops on
Virginia's State-Sponsored Child Health Insurance Programs -
FAMIS and FAMIS Plus.
Who Should Attend a Community Workshop?
This workshop is designed for administrators, staff and
volunteers in community programs serving children and families.
The information presented will be of value to organizations such
as: schools, hospitals, clinics, community health centers,
pediatric practices, Head Start, home-visiting programs, social
services, health departments, family service organizations,
churches, community action agencies, extension offices, youth
programs, child care providers, human resources staff of local
employers, and outreach workers in any setting.
What You Will Learn
The workshop agenda will provide in-depth information on the FAMIS
and FAMIS Plus programs. Some of the topics to be presented include:
All participants will receive a comprehensive Tool Kit with
information, forms and resources to use in working with families.
- Who qualifies for FAMIS/FAMIS Plus and how does a family apply?
- What are the benefits and costs of the programs?
- How can you work with the FAMIS Central Processing Unit or
your local Department of Social Services to help a family apply?
- How are FAMIS and FAMIS Plus coordinated?
- What can you do to get the word out in your community?
- What changes are were made the programs recently and what
changes are expected the near future?
For a listing of workshops available in your area, see the